Description
Casino properties in Malaysia and Singapore are stepping up precautions for guests and staff amid the spread of the newly identified coronavirus in China.
Resort World Genting, the venue promoted by Genting Malaysia Bhd and the country's only casino resort (pictured), said in a notice on Wednesday that so far there was no record of a "person at the resort" being diagnosed with the novel coronavirus-related illness, and that the accommodation was "continuing to operate as normal".
The infection problem, which could lead to viral pneumonia, began in Wuhan, Hubei province in mainland China and was first announced in December. The problem is already hurting Macau tourism for the Chinese New Year holiday. Seven imported cases from Wuhan were reported in Macau as of Wednesday. Lunar New Year is typically the best business period for casino resorts in cities.
Resorts World Genting said in a notice on Wednesday that infrared technology has been introduced throughout the building for temperature checks for customers and staff. The complex, outside Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lumpur, which reportedly has two clinics, has also introduced a "robust cleaning program" with frequency, the notice said.
"Rift buttons across the resort have been sealed and cleaning frequency has improved," it added, reflecting previously applied practices at Macau resorts.
According to multiple local media, Malaysia's health ministry said a total of seven people were all Chinese nationals as of Wednesday who were confirmed to have contracted the Wuhan-related coronavirus.
The Malaysian government has stopped offering visitor visas to all Chinese people who are residents of Hubei province since Monday, the prime minister's office said in a press statement on Monday.
In nearby Singapore, the city's two casino complexes - Genting Singapore-Promoted Resorts World Sentosa and Las Vegas Sands Corp-Promoted Marina Bay Sands - each said they had increased the frequency of disinfection operations in response to coronavirus warnings.
Marina Bay Sands said in a statement that temperature checks were being placed at the accommodation. Employees at the casino resort complex were also trained on what management called "response and mitigation measures," including isolating from suspected infections.
As of Wednesday, Singapore's health ministry had confirmed a total of 10 new coronavirus infections. As noted by Singapore's health ministry on Tuesday, one of the cases involved a 35-year-old Chinese man from Wuhan who had stayed in Marina Bay Sands before hospitalization on Jan. 24.
BY: 에볼루션 바카라사이트